Family counseling is a way of helping families deal with their personal problems – 4 hour sessions
- Improve the ability to resolve conflicts and enjoy life.
- Change is best facilitated by working with the family as a whole.
- Families are helped to recognize important factors that contribute to a particular problem.
- Realise how emotions rule and how to take charge of them.
- As a family, discuss with the counsellor difficulties of an individual member of the family or issues that the family is facing as a whole.
- Discover how to make informed choices, regardless of what the situation may be.
- Neither the family nor the individual family member is blamed for any problem.